DIVISION OF GENERAL CHEMISTRY
In 1929, along with the other 5 departments, there was the Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry founded within the Faculty of Chemistry of Moscow State University. Until 1936 it was headed by Professor Y.S. Przheborovsky and Professor E.F. Krause. The department was divided in1936, when two independent departments were formed, the Department of General Chemistry and the Department of Inorganic Chemistry. Since then the Department of General Chemistry was headed by Professor E.F. Krause (1937-1941), Professor L.K. Lepin (1941-1943), Professor K.G. Khomiakov (1943 – 1968), Professor E.M.Sokolovskaya (1968-1992).
Since 1992 the Department has been headed by Professor Sergey Fyodorovich Dunayev.
The major fields of research of the department are modern methods of physical-chemical analysis for studying multicomponent system constitutional diagrams and development of the most effective ways of teaching chemistry and other natural sciences. At the moment there are 5 laboratories within the department. The total number of staff is 75 employees, including 12 doctors and 30 candidates of science.
Laboratory of Physical-Chemical Analysis
Head of the laboratory – Assistant Professor Yuriy Dmitrievich Seropegin.
Laboratory of Metal Chemistry
Head of the laboratory – Professor Sergey Fyodorovich Dunayev
Laboratory of Ecological Chemistry
Acting Head of the laboratory – Professor Leonid Modestovich Kustov
e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Laboratory of Structural Chemistry
Head of the laboratory – Professor Leonid Aleksandrovich Aslanov
Laboratory of Theory and Methods of Teaching Chemistry
Head of the laboratory – Professor Oleg Serafimovich Zaitcev
Workshop on General Chemistry for Students of Other Faculties
Head of the workshop – Assistant Professor Maksim Aleksandrovich Zakharov